Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 12

We had church members from Guatemala and Mexico (Reyes, a welcome regular) and the 12 Korean adolescents. I'm wondering if they picked up some bad speaking habits from the local public school. We worked on putting birthdays in sequential order, using "older", "younger". When I asked them to pair up and ask each other questions, I found out that they knew quite a bit. We went over the classroom direction pages - something I've never taken the time for before, but seemed to be in order for adolescents.
I'm glad the Oxford Picture Dictionary has two levels of workbooks so I can give harder pages for the more advanced students. Mrs. Kim and Tom Jarrett were extremely helpful. Mrs. Kim doesn't speak much English but comprehends plenty. Tom is developmentally disabled but has been helping the class for years and knows what I need before I ask for it.

No comments: